Update for Certification Visitors
A certification receptionist is not on duty in the Certification Office located in the Claiborne Building. You may drop your certification applications in the drop box located at the security desk. Be sure to place your application in a sealed envelope/folder before placing it in the drop box. All applications will be date stamped and processed in the order in which they are received. The status of a certification application can be verified daily by visiting www.teachlouisiana.net and clicking the “Status of a Certification Application” link.
Thank you kindly for your cooperation.
Certification questions can be addressed through one of the following:
• Contact the Louisiana Department of Education’s Constituent Service Center at 1-877-453-2721.
• Visit the “ASK LDOE” link: :https://www.louisianabelieves.com/resources/ask-ldoe. Scroll to the “subject” drop down list and click on “Educator Certification” to enter your question. Responses are provided to the email address or phone # you submit.
• Visit www.teachlouisiana.net – Double Click on the “Certification” tab at the top of the home page and scroll to Teacher/Leader Certification. Click on the link provided to access Bulletin 746 (doc), La Standards for Certification of School Personnel.
• Contact your employing school district’s Human Resources Office.
Become Certified to Teach in Louisiana
Find out more about the traditional & alternate teacher certification options available in Louisiana. Certification options are also available for teachers certified in other states that wish to obtain certification to teach in Louisiana. Click here to use the interactive Q & A tool to determine your steps towards obtaining Louisiana certification.
Already Certified to Teach in Louisiana
The resources listed below provide information regarding the requirements to adding-on certification areas, obtaining ancillary certification, and the renewal/reinstatement of teaching certificates. To request a change/addition to your certificate, please use the appropriate application packet(s) here & mail it to the attention of "Certification" at the address listed in the packet.
Additional Certification Resources
Certification Policy for Teachers/Leaders
The Louisiana Department of Education, Division of Teacher Certification, Preparation and Recruitment, implements and maintains teacher certification procedures as mandated by legislation and State Board policy contained in Bulletin 746?Louisiana Standards for Certification of School Personnel. The information in this section is provided as a resource to educators and school districts to ensure that:
- All Louisiana students receive instruction from appropriately credentialed and effective teachers
- All Louisiana schools are led by appropriately credentialed and effective school leaders.
PRAXIS InformationPRAXIS/NTE Requirements