I want to do a teacher preparation/degree program at a university/institution that is not listed as "Louisiana State-Approved". Will that allow me to obtain Louisiana certification? Degrees, coursework, & teacher preparation programs must be earned/completed at regionally accredited universities/institutions. Please check that the university/institution you wish to attend is regionally accredited by one of the accrediting bodies listed here. Once regional accreditation is verified, you may complete the program and become eligible for certification in the state where the institution/university is located. Then you will apply for a Louisiana teaching certificate using the "Out-of-State (OS)" application packet. Please click here to see the OS packet for details concerning documentation that will be required at the time of application for a Louisiana certificate.