What is the procedure for adding Plus 30 Graduate Hours to mycertificate? Using the Certification Update packet, an individual should include official transcripts showing graduate credit earned from a regionally accredited university. Graduate credit used toward Plus 30 must be in addition to the graduate credit used in the master's program. The course work can be taken prior to, during, or after the master's degree is awarded, provided it is not used in the master's program. The graduate school dean or the registrar at the university at which the credits were earned must identify in writing the excess graduate credits earned during the master's program.