How do applicants receive higher level certificates (Type A, B, Level 2, or 3)? 
An applicant would need to consult with the Louisiana employing school system to determine if a higher certificate should be requested or if a renewal/extension is needed. The human resource office within the Louisiana employing system will use the Certification Update packet to make such a request on behalf of the educator. Requests for higher level certificates have to come from a Louisiana employing school system to be considered since certification validity is based upon teaching effectiveness as verified through evaluations conducted by the employer & entered into the Compass Information System (CIS).